What kinds of health concerns can be treated using naturopathic medicine?
A person of any age, with virtually any chronic or acute condition may benefit from naturopathic care.
Some commonly treated conditions include:
- Skin conditions, including acne and eczema
- Digestive disorders such as ‘indigestion’, constipation, heartburn, ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, and inflammatory bowel disease
- Depression & anxiety
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Heart disease, arteriosclerosis
- Ear, nose/sinus, & throat infections
- Respiratory disorders such as asthma and bronchitis
- Arthritic conditions
- Cancer and associated side-effects of treatment
- Hormonal imbalance, including; menstrual and pre-menstrual (PMS), peri-menopausal, menopausal, and post-menopausal conditions
- Fertility and reproductive concerns
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Pediatric concerns
Please bear in mind, that because naturopathic medicine is preventative in nature, you do not have to be sick to see a naturopathic doctor. There are many dietary and lifestyle changes we can help you adopt to improve your overall health and prevent serious illness.